Campus

Calendar: April 10 to 13

April 10

Workshop: The latest Technology Training Workshop will offer lessons on Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and more at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Festival: The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts counterCURRENT Festival, showcasing contemporary art, projects, performances and more, will have exhibits from Wednesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Blaffer Art Museum and elsewhere in Houston.

Festival: Music, readings, art and performances from schools across UH will be shown at this year’s Red Block Bash from 4 to 7 p.m at the Blaffer Art Museum. Admission is free. 

Lecture: Research scientist and former TED talk speaker Erez Lieberman Aiden will speak from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the Great Hall of the UH Alumni Center about how computational methods can be used to analyze digitized books to draw conclusions about large-scale trends in human culture.

Lecture: Wake Forest University professor David M. Lubin will speak on the development of reconstructive plastic surgery for disfigured soldiers in World War I in “Behind the Mask: WWI, Plastic Surgery and the Modern Beauty Revolution” at SEC 105 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.

Lecture: Author and libertarian political scientist Charles Murray will speak about his bestselling 2012 book “Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010” from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Rockwell Pavilion on the second floor of the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library

April 11

Lecture: Women about to graduate can learn how to negotiate a fair salary at the Stay Smart Salary Negotiation Workshop at Agnes Arnold Hall, room 210 from 9 a.m. to noon.

April 13

Festival: UH will be at the “Sustainability Zone” at Earth Day Houston at Discovery Green Park, 1500 McKinney St., from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.