Music

Music Mondays: Childish Gambino surprises listeners

Born in California and raised in Georgia, Donald Glover is an American writer, actor, comedian and rapper. Glover began his entertainment career as a writer for the show “30 Rock,” and is perhaps most famous for his role as Troy Barnes on NBC’s hit show “Community.”

Under the stage name Childish Gambino, Glover has gained an impressive following after releasing several mixtapes and performing on tours around the world. Signed to Glassnote Records in 2011, Glover has become one of the hottest artists of 2014.

800px-Childish_Gambino

Danny Glover also known as Childish Gambino began his career on the infamous television series “30 Rock. |Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Fans of Gambino were surprised when the rapper released a new mixtape “STN MTN” on Oct. 2, and EP “Kauai” the very next day. In the single “Sober,” Glover shows off his singing prowess, declaring himself intoxicated on love by crooning “And now that’s its over I’ll never be sober, I couldn’t believe, but now I’m so high.”

His new music is already spreading rapidly around the web, but lookout for Glover to gain more momentum as the year goes on. Be sure to check out his new releases, and listen to “Sober” here: soundcloud.com/childish-gambino/sober-unmixed.