Golf

Robledo finishes out Cougars’ fall season strong

Freshman Roman Robledo is tied for first with Central Florida’s Greg Eason at six-under after shooting scores of 70 and 68 in the first two rounds of the Conference USA Championship. | Courtesy of UH Athletics

Senior Roman Robledo earned PING All-America Second-Team honors last year, and after posting one of the Western Refining College All-America Classic’s best scores he is proving he deserved it.  |  File Photo/The Cougar

Senior Roman Robledo spent this past weekend at the Western Refining College All-America Classic in El Paso and came out in a tie for 13th place.

Robledo finished the tournament with a score of 213 after a strong final round of 67, the round’s third best score.

The senior started the final round on hole No. 10 as the tournament took a shotgun start, and through hole No. 18 sank five pars and four birdies to establish a great standing among the other competitors.

Jumping back to hole No. 1, Robledo continued his strong performance with another birdie and shot for par on No. 2. After shooting his first bogey on hole No. 3, Robledo finished out his final round score of 67 with another birdie, four pars and a bogey.

As the Sun Bowl Western Refining College All-America Classic came to an end on Sunday, the men’s golf team wrapped up its fall season. The Cougars will get back into action at the end of February when Houston will host the Bayou City Collegiate Championship at Golf Club of Houston.