Student travel packages available for Armed Forces Bowl

The Houston football team will travel to Fort Worth on Jan. 2 to take on the Pittsburgh Panthers in the 2015 Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl.

The UH Athletics Department will provide discounted travel and lodging packages for students to attend the bowl game. Students will have three options available to them, two with travel and lodging provided and one with lodging only.

The Travel Package includes one student ticket, bus transportation to and from Fort Worth, one night hotel accommodation, access to the pregame party and a bowl gift courtesy of UHAA. The package can be purchased for $40 to stay in a quadruple-occupancy hotel room or $70 for a double-occupancy one.

For those who wish to add a non-student guest, packages are available for $191.50 for double-occupancy and $160 for quadruple-occupancy.

Buses will depart from Houston on Thursday, Jan. 1, at a time to be announced later, and will return from Fort Worth following the game on Friday.

The Hospitality Package for those able to provide their own transportation is priced at just $20, $55 with a guest, and includes one student ticket, access to the pregame party and a bowl gift.

The deadline to sign up for the Travel Package is Thursday, Dec. 19, and Monday, Dec. 29 for the Hospitality Package.

Packages are on sale now at the Houston Athletics Ticket Office, located at Gate one at the northeast corner of TDECU Stadium, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The matchup marks Houston’s 23rd bowl appearance and their second appearance in the Armed Forces Bowl in the past six seasons, the last of which culminated in a 20-47 loss to the Air Force Falcons in 2009.

The Armed Forces Bowl will kick-off at 11 a.m. in Amon G. Carter Stadium on the campus of TCU and will be televised by ESPN.