Faculty & Staff News

Provost Short named one of Houston’s most influential women

Paula Short

Provost Short has been at her position since June 2013 and has implemented several successful initiatives, including the new UHin4 program. | File Photo/The Cougar

Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs Paula Myrick Short has been named one of “Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women of 2014″ by Houston Woman Magazine.

“Those selected as Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women of 2014 are individuals who have earned and possess an expertise in a particular field,” said Beverly Denver, publisher of Houston Woman Magazine in a press release. “The thoughts and actions of these women influence the thoughts and actions of others. It is our distinct privilege to be able to introduce these remarkable women to the community.”

Houston Woman Magazine has published a special edition featuring “Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women of the Year” every year since 2008.

“I am humbled and thrilled to be honored for my work at the University of Houston,” Short said in a press release. “I’m proud to know it has positively affected the lives of our students and faculty.”

Short has been at her position since June 2013 and has since implemented various initiatives, including the UHin4 program and the Provost Summer Read Program.