Coogs Choose

Food & Drink: The Cougar’s pick best cupcakes

If Houston’s a great place to eat (which it undoubtedly is), it’s also a place where you’ll be searching for the perfect dessert. Look no further.

[tabgroup] [tab title=”Crave Cupcakes”]

Courtesy of Crave Cupcakes

Crave is consistently at the top of lists ranking Houston’s cupcakes. Once you taste the rich icing, such rankings make total sense. Its cupcakes are dense and always fresh, and its expansive offerings (including gluten-free flavors) makes Crave one of Houston’s best.

[/tab] [tab title=”Sprinkles Cupcakes”]

Courtesy of Sprinkles Cupcakes

Sprinkles Cupcakes has become eponymous with its cupcake ATMs, which allow you to buy fresh cupcakes at any hour. Sprinkles also delivers, making it one of the most accessible bakeries on this list.
In stores, ice cream and cookies are also available for purchase, which makes Sprinkles an ideal stop after a long week.

[/tab] [tab title=”MMM Cupcakes”]

Courtesy of MMM Cupcakes

This food truck does deliveries around downtown and offers any flavor of cupcake you could desire. Specializing in fruit flavors, like strawberry-banana and pineapple, the truck offers other delightful flavors, such as a cookies and cream, s’more, red velvet and even carrot cake, all for affordable prices that rival the other two shops on this list.

[/tab] [/tabgroup]

“Coogs Choose” is a special section produced by The Cougar in collaboration with the Center for Student Media that spotlights students’ favorite places and activities around campus and Houston. Pick up the magazine at campus newsstands until April 22.