Presidential hopeful visits Houston

Generated by  IJG JPEG Library

The Kentucky senator announced his candidacy in April, 2015. | Courtesy of Getty Images

At 3 p.m. this Friday, presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul will bring his Stand with Rand campaign to Houston at the Hyatt Regency.

Paul will “discuss the importance of protecting the entire Bill of Rights, and being boldly for conservative ideals that limit the powers of the Washington Machine,” according to the Dallas Morning News.

Paul has raised $6.9 million on his own, not including Super PACs that are helping him. According to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, he is at 4 percent in the GOP.

The republican candidate hopeful gained fame for supporting drug law reform, fighting the Patriot Act, calling on citizens to withdraw financial support from Planned Parenthood and being the son of Ron Paul, a former Texas Representative and three-time presidential candidate.

According to his platform, some of Paul’s views are to abolish the Affordable Healthcare Act and to support immigration while securing the border. He is anti-abortion, and he supports gun ownership and the Second Amendment. He also is a big supporter of Israel and a strong military.

The event is free to the public. The Hyatt Regency is located at 1200 Louisiana St., and the event will take place in the Imperial Ballroom East. Paul will speak to attendees and sign copies of his new book, “Taking a Stand.”