AP Poll: Cougars pick up one point in polls

After a wild weekend in college football, the AP Top 25 poll saw five teams drop from the ranks of the elite.

The Ohio State University Buckeyes remain on top of the AP poll, collecting 45 first place votes, up three votes from last week.

The top four is rounded out by the same teams as last week, with Michigan State University in second, the University of Mississippi in third, with the only difference being that Texas Christian University sits in fourth, instead of a tie for third.

Despite a lot of shuffling in the rankings, there are still no teams from the American Athletic Conference present in the top 25.

Four teams from the AAC collected votes in this week’s poll, up one team from last week, with Houston collecting the most points, at 23, up one point from last week.

Rounding out American teams receiving votes are the University of Temple, University of Memphis and the United States Naval Academy, a newcomer to the ranks.

The University of Oregon experienced the largest drop in this week’s poll, as they completely fell out of the rankings after being at 13 just last week.

The drop came after Oregon’s second loss this season, a thrashing at the hands of the University of Utah, 62-20, in Eugene, Ore.

Utah experienced the largest jump in the polls, moving up eight spots into 10, even collecting one vote for first place.