Golf Sports

Men’s golf wraps second day with one tied for second place

JDismuke_Hamilton

Senior Blair Hamilton, crouching, has shot even par for the event, placing him in tenth place. | Courtesy of UH Athletics

The Houston men’s golf program played host to multiple teams at the Bayou City Collegiate Classic on Monday.

After 36 holes, junior Matt Dunn sat in second place, holding a score of -4 for the Cougars.

Dunn improved on his sub-par round from the first day of the tournament to shoot a 68 on Friday afternoon, putting him just two strokes behind the leader for the tournament.

In total, UH has six members in the top-20 for the event, including senior Blair Hamilton, sophomore Joshua Gibbons and redshirt freshman Matt Williams, as well as a pair of juniors in Emmett Oh and Michael Perras.

Hamilton currently sits 10th overall even at par for the event, while Gibbons and Williams are tied for 12th overall at +2.

Perras and Oh are at +3 and tied for 16th at the event after a pair of 72’s for the afternoon.

The Cougars squad is rounded out by sophomore Papito Gonzalez, senior Vincent Martino, junior Matt Scobie and redshirt freshman Logan Davis who range between tied for 37th to tied for 49th.

The Cougars will wrap up play at the BCCC tomorrow morning, with Davis teeing off at 8:45 a.m.