AP Poll: Cougars leap three spots, two other AAC teams enter poll

512px-Associated_Press_logo_2012.svg

Both the University of Memphis and Temple University found themselves in the AP Top 25 rankings this week. | File photo/The Cougar

The Cougars found themselves making a three-spot jump in the latest version of the AP Top 25 poll, accompanied by two other American Athletic Conference teams joining the ranks.

UH moved up to 21st in the poll after taking care of business on the road over Tulane University.

Ohio State University remains in first this week, collecting one more first place vote over last week, while Baylor University, the University of Utah and Texas Christian University rounded out the top four spots in the poll.

Louisiana State University moved up one spot in the polls this week into the top five after a win over the University of Florida in a prime-time matchup.

The University of Memphis and Temple University each joined Houston in the AP Poll this week as the only three teams still undefeated in the AAC.

Memphis made the biggest jump of the week, moving up from being unranked into the 18th spot after a win at home over the previously- 13th ranked University of Mississippi Rebels.

Inversely, Ole Miss experienced the largest fall of week 8, dropping 11 spots down to 24th, their second loss of the season.

Three teams dropped from the rankings with losses, highlighted by the University of California-Los Angeles and Boise State University.

The Cougars will have a chance to improve to 7-0 this Saturday when they travel to Orlando, Fla. for a game against the University of Central Florida.