Sunday, November 29, 2020

UH selected for Chick-Fil-A Peach bowl against Florida State

WEB-Justin-Tijerina-IMG_2444

The Cougars will play the Florida State Seminoles in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta on Dec. 31. | Justin Tijerina/The Cougar

The Cougars learned their postseason fate on Sunday when all the New Year’s 6 bowl match up were announced.

UH will face off against the Florida State University Seminoles in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta on Dec. 31in the Georgia Dome, with kickoff scheduled for 11 a.m.

The Cougars earned a bid with a 24-13 win over Temple University in the American Athletic Conference Championship game on Saturday, winning their first conference title since 2006.

Florida State enters the game at 10-2 on the season, earning second place in the Atlantic Coast Conference’s Atlantic division.

Last year, FSU competed in the first-ever College Football Playoffs, but fell to the University of Oregon in the semifinals.

After the announcement, head coach Tom Herman spoke about guiding the Cougars to a major bowl in his first season.

“I’m excited. Any time you get to represent your University and your city in a New Year’s Day or New Year’s Eve bowl game is really special,” Herman said. “We would not be here if it were not for the leadership of the guys in the locker room and how hard they’ve fought to earn this right, so, regardless of who we’re playing, just the fact that we’ve earned the right to be there is something special.”

Tags: , ,