Cougars move across country for weekend competition

WEB-Basketball_2

Men’s basketball travels to take on East Carolina University this weekend, hoping to string together two consecutive wins after Wednesday night’s win against University of Tulsa. | File photo/The Cougar

Athletics is gearing up for a busy weekend to cap off January, highlighted by on-campus meets for both the track team and women’s swimming and diving teams.

The track and field team will host the Houston Invitational this weekend in the Yeoman Fieldhouse at the Athletics/Alumni Center. The event will run all day on Friday and Saturday.

Swimming and diving will return to campus when they host Tulane University, Louisiana State University and Rice University in the Houston Quad Meet.

The meet will begin at 5 p.m. Friday in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium. Day two of the meet will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday.

The women’s tennis team faces a Midwest road trip this weekend. The team heads to Madison, Wis. on Friday to face the University of Wisconsin Badgers at 5 p.m.

The tennis team will wrap up the sports weekend as they travel to Chicago to compete against the DePaul University Blue Demons at 1 p.m. on Sunday.

The women’s and men’s basketball teams both hit the road this weekend for conference matchups. The men will travel to Greenville, N.C. for a conference matchup: their only game this season with the East Carolina University Pirates at 11 a.m.

The women’s basketball team will also be in action on Saturday as they head to Cincinnati to take on a conference opponent, the University of Cincinnati Bearcats, at 1 p.m. for the first of two meetings this season.