News State

Voter registration ends Monday for Texans

Embed from Getty Images

Texans will need to register by Monday  in order to vote in the Texas presidential primary election in March.

According to Houston Public Media, voter turnout will play a huge role in who will be on November’s ballot.

In order to vote in a primary election, Texans will need to register 30 days prior to the election date.

On the UH campus, Graduate School of Social Work offered registration up until Friday. However, even if some Houstonians missed out on the opportunity, there are other avenues to register to vote.

Texans can obtain an application from the County Voter Registrar’s office, the Secretary of State’s Office, libraries, many post offices or high schools said Texas Secretary of State Carlos Cascos.

In attempt to simplify the process for voters that mail in their application; applications are postage-paid by the State of Texas. Once applications are completed, they can be delivered or sent to one’s county voter registration official depending on the county their address presides in.

Registration cards must be filled and postmarked by Monday or received by a voter’s county.

For questions on one’s voter status, poll location, registration details and more, Secretary of State Cascos has made it available online to find out.