Campus organizations will host vigil for Orlando victims

The university community will unite noon Wednesday to mourn the 49 victims from Sunday’s Orlando LGBTQ nightclub shooting.

The LGBTQ Resource Center, Center for Diversity and Inclusion, Equal Opportunity Services and other student affairs organizations will hold a vigil noon Wednesday at the A.D. Bruce Religion Center for the victims of Sunday’s Orlando shooting. | Photo Courtesy of Center for Diversity and Inclusion

The event is open to all and will be held at the A.D. Bruce Religion Center on behalf of the LGBTQ Resource Center, Center for Diversity and Inclusion, Equal Opportunity Services and other student affairs organizations. Attendees are encouraged to participate in the discussion session hosted after the vigil.

Lorraine Schroeder, director of the LGBTQ Resource Center, believes that the tragedy – while an isolated event – demonstrates the hate LGBTQ individuals still experience in 2016.

“There is a big impact when you know there is that sort of hatred for who you are,” Schroeder said. “It affects our psyche in ways we don’t normally anticipate.”

The effects of the shooting have reached Houston and prompted Mayor Sylvester Turner to increase security for the upcoming Houston Pride Parade.

“At the end of the day, it comes down to respect,” said Michael Crook, the program coordinator for CDI. “We want to create a respectful environment that feels at the very least safe, but that they feel that they are welcome here and able to thrive.”

• It is sad that those people in Orlando had to die because of political correctness. The scrubbing of records of people with terrorist ties, including those of the shooter, directed by the DOJ at the behest of the White House beginning in 2009 is beyond words, and a gamble with the lives of American people … a gamble that has lost.

On Tuesday, President Obama was more mad at Donald Trump that he was at the Orlando Shooter … and now the LBGT community is beginning to understand bit by bit the REALITY of RADICAL ISLAM, and their abusive policies against Gays and Women.

I know of one LBGT activist that has switched their vote from Clinton to Trump because of what happened in Orlando, coupled with Obama and Clinton’s weak responses in reference to the massacre. It’s like they were giving the terrorists an equal opportunity to kill us.

What happened in Orlando was preventable but allowed to happen because of political correctness, and Donald Trump is right to call for a moratorium on Muslim immigration until we get our immigration house in order. Hillary Clinton on the other hand wants to increase by 550% the amount of Syrian Refugees that Obama has allowed, and she wants to continue the same politically correct programs that the Orlando shooter to kills 49 gays.

Now just if 1% of those 550% were radicalized, how many more Gay nightclubs have to be shot up before common sense actions against terrorists would be taken under a Hillary Administration.

Gun Control is not the answer to terrorist shooting up nightclubs … highlighting the potential terrorists and monitoring their every move and taking them down is a better way. If someone has terrorist ties, they should not be allowed to fly or buy a gun legally, or work for the DHS. Omar Mateen was on a terror watch list then removed, but should have he been removed? No. But thanks to PC and Obama he was removed.

If anyone is to blame for the Orlando Massacre I blame Barack Obama with Hillary Clinton as his accomplice. Their policies have allowed this heartbreak. Hillary Clinton and her Foundation have collected millions from Muslim nations that keep women down, call for the destruction of Israel, and kill Gays via public executions. Yet she will continue to receive support from women, Jews, and the LBGT community.

• Stop blaming. It’s obvious who you are voting for. “And now the LBGT community is beginning to understand bit by bit the
      REALITY of RADICAL ISLAM, and their abusive policies against Gays and
      Women.” NEWSFLASH, everyone including the LGBT community ALREADY understands this. Every single religion has had negative tones towards this community. For you to say “I know of one LBGT activist that has switched their vote from Clinton to
      Trump because of what happened in Orlando, coupled with Obama and
      Clinton’s weak responses in reference to the massacre. It’s like they
      were giving the terrorists an equal opportunity to kill us” just shows the LACK of information you have. I am also an LGBT activist and know many allies stand with Obama and will be voting Clinton. Do us a favor and DO NOT procreate.

• See what I mean … Socialists are more mad at me … than the terrorist.

Stop blaming? Really? You people blame non-Socialist at every point … and now when the shoes on the other foot you cry foul. Cry baby.

I know you will not be happy until guns are taken away from every law-abiding citizen, leaving guns only with law enforcement, gang members, and terrorists.

If the LBGT community, as you say, is aware of Islamic abuses against Gays and Women, and after viewing Obama and Clinton’s weak responses you still want to vote Democrat … you are living in a different reality than the 97-98% of the population that is not gay.

You do realize that when Obama and Clinton or some other Socialist says ISIL … its code for a reverence for ISIS and the destruction of Israel, since the Levant runs from Syria to the bottom of Israel.

• There has been no actual ties establishing Mateen to ISIS or any terrorist groups. So please stop demonizing all Muslims as terrorists. Prior to his disjointed text just prior to his savage killing spree there was no pattern or evidence of his being “radicalized,” according to officials doing the actual investigation. Your Islamophobia is despicable. You can blame anyone you please, but it was Mateen who held the gun, just as it is you who is trying to spread Islamaphobia with your diseased rant. Your knowledge of the struggles in the Middle East for equality and pushing back against oppression there on various fronts by Muslims is breathtakingly ignorant. You see what you want to see; hear what you want to hear. My advise: go see a good psycho-therapist and tell him all about your conspiracy theories, then please stay on the medications he will prescribe for you. Trust me, you need them.

• James wrote and must have deleted or it is pending: (James’ rant is REDACTED like the Obama Justice Department and FBI redacted 911 transcripts trying to not blame Omar Mateen as a radicalized shooter of nearly 50 gays in Orlando.

“There has been no actual ties establishing **** ******* to **** or any ********* groups. So please stop *********** all Muslims as terrorists. Prior to his disjointed text just prior to his savage ******** spree there was no pattern or evidence established by those doing the actual ***************. Your ********** is *********. You can blame ******* you please, but it was ******* who held the gun, just as it is you who are trying to spread *************** with your diseased rant.”

As you can see that James agrees for the Obama Regime’s Justice Departments line of not blaming Islam nor the Radical Islamic shooter for that matter. So who is to blame in the minds of SocDems …. Republicans of course. It’s literally insane to believe the tripist train of thought coming out of the Obama Administration.

So when millennial gays realize that they’ve been thrown under the bus in support of Islam, I can now see Gays arming up and abandoning the Democrat Party at the same time. In fact, a Gay millennial called Rush Limnbaugh’s radio program this afternoon, and said exactly that. Now, how much of a percentage of the LBGT population does that one person represent? Could be 50,000 to 70,000, if not more.

I welcome all Gays to arm up and carry their guns everywhere. I encourage you to carry your weapons into bars and restaurants and classes on campus. I will not throw Gays under the bus as Obama Regime has does.