Faith Special Section Uncategorized

On-campus religious events to provide fellowship, clarity

Religion Center 2 WEB

The A.D. Bruce Religion Center hosts a variety of worship services and activities for every religion represented at the university. | File photo/The Cougar

As you will definitely notice, UH knows how to cook up events that will get you hype up for the rest of the semester.

But should you be in need for gatherings of the quieter and more religious kind — don’t worry, the University has got you covered. Have a look at a few of the events below.

Baptist Student Ministry

Breakfast and Prayer

8 to 11 a.m., Aug. 22 to 25

The BSM aims to make everyone feel welcome (and energized) on the first four days of class by handing out breakfast bars and inviting them to gatherings.

BSM/Bridges Hangout

7 to 9 p.m., every Wednesday beginning Aug. 24

Have dinner (vegetarian options provided) among friends and get to know their cultures — from the U.S. and definitely beyond. This is just one of many events BSM hosts for international students!

A.D. Bruce Religion Center

Sunday Mass

10:45 a.m. to 12 p.m., every Sunday, University Chapel (122)

Reach out to God in the religion center that is named after U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Andrew Davis Bruce, a former president and chancellor of UH.

Jumuah

12:30 to 3:30 p.m., every Friday, Meditation Chapel (201)

The epicenter of religion on campus, A.D. Bruce offers all sorts of services for any number of faiths. The religion center is most certainly a wondrous place for Islamic prayers as well.

Quiet Meditation

8 to 10 a.m, daily, University Chapel (122). Second session from 2 to 4 p.m.

Should the school assignments or UH’s hustle-and-bustle attitude overwhelm you, rest assured that there is a place to seek solace from them. Yes, it’s temporary, but it will be beneficial for you to keep going toward your educational goals.