Man on the Street: Most impressive aspect of the Cougars?

The football team is off to a 3-0 start, and students are pleased with the team’s performance and the prospects in the rest of the season.

With an away game at Texas State University for Saturday, The Cougar took to campus to get student’s thoughts on the team.

Joseph Soria, mechanical engineering junior

“I think the team is doing really well. They did well last year and they’re doing it again this year. With the new equipment and stuff they’ve been getting, it’s really paying off in the long run. So, I think they’re going to take it to the (New Year’s Six) again. They’re going to, hopefully, have a really good season.”

Malik Otuemhobe, marketing senior

“I feel like the season has a lot of potential. I knew that from the beginning when we were ranked and who we were playing in the beginning of the year. It feels like we have a really good chance to go to the national championship this year, especially getting into the playoffs if we don’t lose any games. We have a big game against Louisville later in November, which I’m really looking forward to. It’s going to be a prime time game, so that’s going to be a lot of fun. This football team has probably created the most excitement for our football team at UH in years.”

Alex Lockett, health promotion senior

“I think the season’s going great. I’m really surprised how UH has grown since I was a freshman. (Head coach) Tom Herman has done a magnificent job building the team up from the bottom to the top. Our quarterback is number five in the Heisman (Trophy) running, and I know for a fact that we’re going undefeated.”

Brittney Onyia, health promotion senior

I think the season’s going really great actually. We have a lot of support from the fans and alumni. People are really supporting us right now. So, I think if we keep going the route we’re going, we could possibly make it to the top four. I think the season will turn out really good. I think this has been one of the best seasons since I’ve been at this school — even with Case Keenum. It could be top notch like that and I think it’ll be a great season.”

Eileen Gonzales, psychology senior

“Coogs are kicking butt. I’m definitely looking forward to the season — definitely going to the football games to support my UH team. When the season ends, I feel like they will definitely conquer and defeat almost every school. I have high hopes about it. From the first three killer games, I see it. I see potential in the defense; it’s a full-on force.”