Society, country implores for your vote this November

The historic presidential election between the first potential female president, Hillary Clinton, and a billionaire businessman, Donald Trump, should prompt people to get out and vote.

In 2016, the U.S. has seen its oddest pair of candidates in Clinton and Trump. The two can’t agree on almost anything and, as the first debate has shown, a cordial exchange is not in the stars for either candidate.

Most polls show Clinton as the leading candidate at 47 percent. Trump is by no means out of the game as he is on her heels with 44 percent.

As obvious as it is that there’s a rift among Americans in deciding who will take the Oval Office in January, many unsatisfied with Trump or Clinton have opted out of voting.

While Clinton’s campaign has seen a low turnout so far, Trump supporters have come out in historic numbers to vote, according to a Washington Post poll.

For such a controversial election, which was fueled by things like rising racial tension in the country, it’s surprising that people have decided to sit on the sidelines instead of speak out. Skipping the chance to cast your ballot is synonymous with throwing in your hand during a poker game — assuming defeat when you just might have the winning bet.

It’s understandable.

It’s a frightening year for presidential elections with two candidates boasting vast accomplishments but possessing sordid pasts. It’s not easy wondering who we should trust more, but that’s not a reason to not vote.

Think of it this way: Would you rather have someone you really don’t want in office to become president or the lesser of two evils? Neither options sound appealing, but choices are limited. Also, the country’s future hangs in the balance.

For those who don’t plan to vote Democrat or Republican, there are lesser-known nominees like Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party and Jill Stein of the Green Party.

Here is a less professional stance on non-voters: You are relinquishing every right you have to complain when the future president signs a piece of legislation you don’t like, especially if it was announced during their campaign.

After all, you didn’t vote.

Voting is important. By deciding to “wait it out,” you are not helping anyone or shaping the U.S. into the country you want it to be.

Take some time to watch the upcoming debates. Write down the things you agree and disagree on and who touches upon them the most.

Check out other parties if Trump and Clinton don’t do it for you, but understand that you — as the voter — have the power to see the U.S. become a nation for all. As it should be.

Senior staff columnist Caprice Carter is a communication junior and can be reached at [email protected]

• With ONLY 125 people turning out for Chelsea Clinton in Iowa because her Mother is medically unable to go … we NEED FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD ACTORS … TO GUIDE US … TO VOTE FOR … Clinton. Of course Trump rallies are full to overflowing.

This tripe of a piece is based on the above video, and the funny thing is … BaBy Carter TOOK IT SERIOUSLY. And she thinks the UH WEAKMINDED (aka Progressives) TO FALL head and shoulders for it, and keep in lockstep to keep the country on a downward spiral.

None of anything the Democrats are doing makes any sense. We have 95 million out of work, yet Progressives want open borders to allow any immigrant to come here to take American jobs. Did I mention about the 95 million out of work.

We have terrorist incidents, yet we are allowing unvetted Muslims refugees to settle here … who believe GAYS SHOULD DIE. And you actually have gullible GAYS calling for the Gays and Muslims to UNITE. Those people remind me of the people on the tower in LA in the movie “Independence Day” just before the aliens BLEW UP the TOWER.

http://tundratabloids.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/gays-and-muslims-fight-hate.jpg

I’m reminded before the VP debate of an info babe asking a bunch of college women if they FEEL CONNECTED to Hillary … and the response was a resounding … NOOOOOO!!!

And the info babe still had the audacity to say that Clinton continues to gain women voters daily.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/23/women-female-voters-us-election-hillary-clinton