Crime News

Student, congressman’s son missing since Wednesday

1

Conyers’ brother, John Conyers, posted to Facebook about his brother’s disappearance with photos of what he may look like currently, having recently shaved his facial hair. | Lucy Rincon/The Cougar

UH student Carl Conyers was reported missing Wednesday night.

Conyers, 21, a junior in the Bauer College of Business, was last seen Tuesday afternoon by his roommate around 6 p.m. at their apartment in the 3700 block of Southmore Blvd. He is the youngest son of U.S. Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., the longest-serving member of Congress.

Conyers’ girlfriend, kinesiology junior Daisha Lewis, last saw him Monday morning. By Tuesday 12:30 p.m., he had stopped responding to her text messages. The following day, Lewis went to look for Conyers at his workplace on the second floor of the Melcher Hall.

Employees told her he had not come in for his shift.

Shortly after Lewis notified police of his disappearance, she received a message on Twitter from Conyers stating: “I’m okay.”

HPD is actively in search of Conyers. Investigators confirmed Thursday that the F.B.I. and Secret Service are aiding in the search.

Any information regarding Conyers’ whereabouts should be reported to HPD at 713-884-3131 or HPD Missing Persons Unit at 832-394-1840.

• So this girl in Spring, she was failing all her classes and went to live in the woods for awhile. they spend $$$ looking for her and then she finally came out of the woods. He’s just on some Mexican road trip or something.