Final exam freebies, Unsilent Night highlight week’s events

hand-writing-exam-classroom

UH Libraries will be sponsoring “Paws and Relax,” for which local organization Faithful Paws will bring certified therapy dogs to the MD Anderson Library for four days of stress relief during final exams. | The Cougar Archive

With little time left in the fall semester, stress can start to get to students, but here’s a few events to provide a break from the cramming sessions and exams.

Monday: Finals Mania

M.D. Anderson Library, Elizabeth D. Rockwell Pavilion

8:30 – 10:30 p.m.

While you’re cramming for exams at night, be sure to enjoy a late night breakfast to fuel you up. Free for students, you will receive a meal to keep you going through the hectic week that includes pancakes, turkey sausage and a beverage.

Tuesday: Breakfast and Bluebooks

Student Center North Tables
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.

Students who need test materials for their upcoming final exams are encouraged to stop by the Student Center North to collect free bluebooks, scantrons, coffee and donuts to kickstart their day.

Wednesday: Paws and Relax

M.D. Anderson Library, Room 106-T

2 – 4 p.m.

Local organization Faithful Paws will be on campus to offer relaxation through with furry companions. Feeding treats to the dogs is encouraged, as well snuggling and playing while accompanied by the available canines.

Thursday: Unsilent Night

The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou, 105 Sabine St.

6 – 8 p.m.

Sponsored by the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts, the annual interactive holiday event, Unsilent Night, comes to Buffalo Bayou.  A soundscape created when many individuals simultaneously play one of four different tracks on their smartphone, boomboxes, or mp3 players, Unsilent Night takes the form of a street promenade where the audience is the performer. There will be a public reception prior to the event at 6 p.m. and the promenade will commence at 7 p.m. St. Arnold Brewing Company and Katz Coffee will provide complimentary beverages and the Fusion Taco truck will have food available to purchase. Admission is free and costumes are encouraged.

Self-parking will be available in City Lot H (Memorial Drive before Houston Avenue).

Saturday: Men’s Basketball vs. Rhode Island

Hofheinz Pavilion

12:30 – 2:30 p.m.

The University’s men’s basketball team will go up against the University of Rhode Island’s Rams at Saturday’s game inside Hofheinz Pavilion. Admission for students is free with their Cougar Card.