City News

Thousands protest Muslim travel ban at Super Bowl LI headquarters

While many took to Discovery Green in celebration of the upcoming Super Bowl LI, more than 1,000 protesters gathered in front of the game’s headquarters to protest President Donald Trump’s travel ban.

The executive order, signed Friday, prevents citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States for at least 90 days. According to USA Today and a tweet from Trump’s personal account, 109 people were detained in U.S. airports over the weekend.

The Boston Globe later fact-checked the figure, revealing that nearly 400 green-card holders experienced airport delays following the order. The Department of Homeland Security reported that 348 individuals were prevented from boarding U.S. bound flights, according to The Washington Post.

“Some of our friends have been held in different airports and a lot of my attorney friends are actually at airports right now defending people,” said Norma Mottu, a community activist and South Texas College of Law student. “I just finished a year and I plan to go back, especially now.”

Following Saturday’s implementation of the ban, protesters flocked to airports across the country. One such demonstration took place at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport, where protesters said five detainees were held.

On Monday, the Department of Homeland Security told ABC News that detainees are no longer being held in U.S. airports.

“It’s against humanity,” said Smar Jan, a master’s in mechanical engineering technology student at UH. “I think everybody should come.”

• How many Americans or Europeans have to Die?

Or unvetted followers of the Prophet Emergency Take By Force the virtues of innocent women or girls? Or even young boys as recently reported in Sweden.

What will have to happen before countries as a whole say “No more” to a culture that will never embrace Western values. And instead embraces the destruction of LBGTers, Women’s Rights and Western Values, which is something that today’s flakes of snow are either aware of and ignore … or know of and ignore, so that at some point in the future those followers of the Prophet will be allowed to vote Democrat for perpetuity..

Previously peaceful Sweden is dying a slow death thanks to asylum seekers of the Prophet, who do not want to adhere to Swedish values, but love the welfare state that Sweden provides. They demand the same things from where they left, and that their hosts bend to their will, but at some point there is gonna be that catalyst that corrects the mistake.