Live Score: UH takes on East Carolina

UH quarterback Clayton Tune has thrown for more than 1,200 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2021. | Courtesy of UH athletics

Houston looks to make it six wins in a row and stay perfect in American Athletic Conference play as the Cougars host East Carolina at TDECU Stadium.

Follow along with our live scoring updates throughout the game:

Final: Houston 31, East Carolina 24

After the first overtime period, the Cougars were able to come away with the win over the Pirates after recovering a fumble in overtime.

Tune finished with 169-yards passing and had a pair of touchdowns to go with it, junior tight end Christian Trahan led all Cougars in receiving with six catches for 68-yards and a touchdown to go with.

McCaskill finished with 12 carries for 60 yards and scored the winning touchdown.

The game marked the first overtime game to take place TDECU Stadium.

Overtime One: Houston 31, East Carolina 24

Freshman running back Alton McCaskill carried it 25-yards on the first play of the first overtime possession for the score to put the Cougars up late.

A stop would grant UH the victory.

Fourth Quarter (5:43): Houston 24, East Carolina 24

Following a fumble from the Cougars that was recovered by ECU, the Pirates scored off a 13-yard touchdown pass from Ahlers to senior wide receiver Audie Omotosho.

The score was Ahlers third total touchdown of the game.

Fourth Quarter (6:59): Houston 24, East Carolina 17

The first score of the second half came late in the fourth after Ahlers snuck it into the end zone from the goal line, this was the first score for ECU since the first quarter.

Second Quarter (3:12): Houston 24, East Carolina 10

After a fumble recovered by UH inside ECU territory, Tune found sophomore receiver Nathaniel Dell for a 14-yard touchdown in the back of the end zone to put the Cougars up two scores late in the second quarter.

First Quarter (1:38): Houston 17 , East Carolina 10

Following a strip sack by UH senior defensive lineman David Anenih, the Cougars were able to convert on a 5-play 32-yard drive that ended with a 2-yard touchdown pass from Tune to Trahan to give the Cougars their first lead of the night.

First Quarter (5:34): East Carolina 10, Houston 10

The Cougars came right back at the Pirates, scoring on a 98-yard kick return for a touchdown from senior cornerback Marcus Jones to tie the game up at 10 a piece.

The touchdown is Jones’ third returned special teams touchdown of the season.

First Quarter (5:46): East Carolina 10, Houston 3

The Pirates answered the Cougar field goal almost immediately with a 3-play 78-yard drive that was capped off with a 40-yard touchdown pass from ECU junior quarterback Holton Ahlers to sophomore wide receiver Jsi Hatfield.

ECU has now scored on both of their opening drives.

First Quarter (6:56): Houston 3, East Carolina 3

UH marched down field and answered the ECU score with 21-yard field goal of their own that was set up by a 20-yard completion from junior quarterback Clayton Tune to junior tight end Christian Trahan.

First Quarter (11:39): East Carolina 3, Houston 0

ECU opened the game up with a 33-yard field goal after being stopped deep inside UH territory  to cap off a 60-yard drive.