Ticket prices start at $35 for Houston-Rice game

The Cougar football team’s final regular season game is on the road, but students can still catch the action if they drive up Interstate 45 and buy student tickets to enter Rice Stadium for $35.

John Robinson, the deputy director of UH Athletics, said UH does not control what opposing teams and stadiums charge for tickets.

"For our team, obviously, students get in free (at home games), but it’s… their policy, and we follow their policy," Robinson said. "That’s true with us, too. When visiting teams’ students come here, we don’t offer them any discounted rate."

Mike Rea, associate athletic director of Houston’s Ticket Operations, said all tickets to Saturday’s game cost $35 and are for seats in a reserved section.

"We got a block of tickets from Rice that we sell," he said. "If (students) want to look at other options, they need to go through Rice."

Rea said although tickets in the seating block for UH are almost sold out, if there is a demand for more tickets for UH, they will purchase more.

Students can purchase tickets from the UH ticket office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday.

Tickets can also be purchased online at www.uhcougars.com through Friday and picked up at Gate 3 at Rice Stadium beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday.

Houston faces off against Rice at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.