Track & Field

Sprinter collects second straight weekly award

Despite consistent standout performances throughout his freshman year, Errol Nolan never captured a C-USA Athlete of the Week Award.

Now, in his sophomore campaign, he has earned two in as many weeks.

Nolan is the new school record holder in the 400-meter dash after running a split of 46.46 at the New Balance Invitational on Saturday.

Sumlin reshuffles staff

Linebackers coach Leon Burtnett duties will move to an administrative position as the Director of Player Personnel and Quality Control.

Sumlin hired Jamie Bryant to be the new linebackers coach. Bryant spent the previous 10 seasons as Vanderbilt’s defensive coordinator.

“Coach Burtnett has been a huge part of my career, beginning with my time as a player under him at Purdue,” Sumlin said in a release. “He has been a great mentor to so many players and coaches, and his new role will take full advantage of his experience in this business.

“I am excited about Jamie joining our staff. He fits what we do well and has a strong reputation for his development of players. As a former coordinator he also brings great experience.”

Swimming & diving set to host UT

The Cougars will compete against Texas at 6 p.m. today at the CRWC Natatorium for the third annual “Sprint for the Cure.”

Admission is free, but UH athletes will be collecting donations at the door that go toward the Susan G. Komen For the Cure Foundation for breast cancer.