Greenberry’s head injury makes status uncertain

Sophomore receiver Deontay Greenberry, who suffered a head injury last weekend at Louisville, is unsure whether he will play Saturday against Cincinnati, said head coach Tony Levine. Levine said Greenberry is feeling well and has gone through the concussion management plan.

UH inks newcomers

The women’s golf program continues to build its first team with the signing of three high school stars to National Letters of Intent.

Tatiana Pineda, Maddy Rayner and Megan Thothong will compete as freshmen for the Cougars during the 2014-15 season. All three are ranked among Golfweek’s Class of 2014 Top 100 players, making UH under head coach Gerrod Chadwell and volunteer assistant coach Mary Michael Maggio the only school to have three signees among the top 70 names on that list, as of Nov. 15.

“We are excited to welcome Tatiana, Maddy and Megan to University of Houston Women’s Golf,” Chadwell said. “Each of these young women have accomplished so much already in their playing careers, and we look forward to seeing what they will bring to our program. With these young players and the returning players we will have coming back, Coach Maggio and I can’t wait to compete as a team in 2014-15.”

The three signees will join with current members Raegan Bremer, Courtney Ferguson, Emily Gilbreth and Kelli Rollo.

Keck receives recognition

Junior libero Natalie Keck was named to the American Athletic Conference’s Player of the Week Honor Roll. Her appearance on the list is the third time in as many weeks that a Cougar has appeared on that list.

Keck, who put up 41 total digs this weekend and has a season total of 486, has reached 20 or more digs in nine matches, with matches 19 and 20 during the weekend. Her career total of 1,389 already has her ranked fifth of all time in Houston annals.