Calendar: Jan. 30 to Feb. 2

Thursday

Research: InfoEd Training on funding opportunities using SPIN will help researchers build proposals from 10 a.m. to noon in E. Cullen, Room 407.

Forum: The Texas Obesity Research Center will discuss collaborative research opportunities and partnerships with faculty working with obesity-related research from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Health and Biomedical Sciences Building in the TSO Auditorium. RSVP is requested.

Environment: Learn about Recyclemania from representatives from the Office of Sustainability during its kickoff from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Butler Plaza.

Physics: Learn about photoemitters from Gregory Mulhollan from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Science and Research Building 1, Room 634.

Art: On Screen @ Blaffer will be showing a documentary by Frederick Wiseman as he studies the University of California–Berkeley during a time when it was struggling financially 6 to 10 p.m. in the Blaffer Art Museum, located in the Fine Arts Building.

Friday

Business: A Bauer Speaker Breakfast, featuring Todd Dewett, will address leadership issues from 7 to 8:30 a.m. in the University Classroom and Business Building, Room 328.

Seminar: A computer science seminar will instruct students on how to prepare themselves for conferences from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall, Room 232.

Social Work: “Speaking Our Language” will discuss possible support, funding and scholarship opportunities for bilingual students in Asian languages who plan on serving as social workers in the greater Houston area from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. off campus at Kim Son on 2001 Jefferson St.

Lecture: Audience members will explore in this age of modern technology in a digital humanities lecture series, featuring Laura Mandell, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Agnes Arnold Hall, Room 104.

Women’s Swimming: The Cougars face Rice, LSU and Tulane Universities at 4 p.m. in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium.