Administration News

Administration welcomes accomplished new member to the team

On Monday, Aug. 25, The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services announced the latest addition to its administrative team.

mara

Mara Affre previously held positions at Boise State and UC San Diego | Photo Courtesy of UH Media

Mara Affre will begin as associate vice chancellor for Enrollment Services for the UH System and associate vice president for Enrollment Services in October. Affre comes with 25 years of enrollment expertise, complemented with 10 years of experience in management.

“Mara brings to the University of Houston and the UH System a proven track record in enrollment services,” said Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Richard Walker in a press release.

Affre will assist in managing various departments on the main campus. She will oversee Admissions, the University Registrar, Scholarships and Financial Aid, Orientation, Student Communications and Marketing, Enrollment Management Production Support and the Welcome Center.

Affre will also work to ensure that communication between the enrollment services departments at each institution in the UH System is efficient.

Affre currently directs the department of Undergraduate Admissions at the University of California, San Diego and has held leadership positions at several public institutions across the nation, including Arizona State University, Southern Oregon University and Boise State University.

Affre received her Master of Education in Counseling with an emphasis in human relations from the University of Northern Arizona and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of California, Irvine.

She is a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education and the National Association of College Admission Counseling.