Academics & Research News

Bauer and marketing Career Fair brings in hundreds of attendees

The C.T. Bauer College of Business and the Houston Interactive Marketing Association partnered for the Marketing Career Fair 2016 to help connect students with internship and work opportunities.

Student job-seekers in the marketing department attended the career fair to network with local businesses and hand out their resumes while snacking on complimentary chips.

Kettle Brand, Wells Fargo, SnapStream and Houston Sports and Social Club were a few of the businesses that participated in the fair.

Ashley Edwards, the office coordinator at Houston Sports and Social Club, opened her booth for students to apply.

“We want someone who is confident in what they do, a passion — something they are excited about — and who is really into social media,” Edwards said. “We want someone who can take stuff and just run with it.”

Viral Mehta, master of business administration graduate student and student teacher, said the event was a great networking opportunity for students and potential applicants.

“It’s a good experience for students to have, to give interviews and to meet the employers,” Mehta said.

The marketing professors gave their students a chance to come during class time or earlier and incentivized them with extra credit points.

Assistant Director of MBA/MS Admissions Meagan Chang said the programs help students after they have finished their bachelors and are working toward their masters degree.

“We offer MBA programs and Master of Science programs on a graduate level, we want everyone to know that we’re here for you after you graduate,” Chang said. “We want you to get what you can out of our programs into that specialization you’re looking for in your career or internships.”

Katy Katz, content director for Houston marketing agency Inturact and career fair coordinator was pleased with Wednesday’s turn out.

“We have 500 attendees, and 200 signed up in advance,” Katz said. “We love partnering for the career fair.”