Man on the Street: New semester, new possibilities

“The Cat’s Back” event on Thursday welcomed new and returning students to campus for the fall semester. | Thomas Dwyer/The Cougar

The first week of the fall semester is already over and Cougars have been either enjoying the college experience for the first time or joyfully returned to campus.

Time to ask the students around campus what they are looking forward to in the fall!

Aha Haider, management information systems sophomore:

“From a transfer students perspective, honestly I am just really excited to see the campus and explore more about it. I went to Lone Star College before this year and now I actually feel like I am going to college. The football games and classes will feel more real here. I am really looking forward to a fresh start and enjoying myself.”

Cady Calhoun, hotel and restaurant management freshman:

“I am excited to be learning about a bunch of different things in my classes and meeting a lot of new people. The high school I went to in San Antonio is very small, so I am happy to be on a campus that is so big and diverse.”

Christian Jones, marketing junior:

“Just honestly getting back into the swing of things — looking forward to getting more involved. I am a junior so, you know, I don’t have that much time left. I might as well use it wisely. I’m also ready for the football team to really step it up. Playing against (University of Oklahoma) and winning can be a stepping stone for us to really get somewhere.”

Joshua Jordan, double major in finance and supply chain management junior:

“Obviously the football team has me really excited. If they win that first game, they have a chance to make the playoffs. Not very many schools can say they have a legitimate chance to play for a championship so that feels pretty good. Every sport is going to be greatly improved this year. Basketball, football, volleyball, baseball, track. Besides all that, I am really looking forward to another year being at this school and taking advantage of the opportunity to be here in H-Town.”

Opinion editor Frank Campos is a media production senior and can be reached at [email protected].