Man on the Street: Will Cougars win on Saturday?

With the No. 15 Cougars set to square off with the No. 3 University of Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday, excitement among the students is reaching its peak.

To gauge interest, we took to campus to find out what fans expect from the game.

Savannah Mucci, hotel and restaurant management senior

“I think we’re going to win, for sure. I think everyone’s getting really pumped up and the players are going to play harder on our home turf.”

Robert Wallace, petroleum engineering senior

“I think our team has a chance to win. I heard we got some pretty big recruits and we have some good guys coming in. Our coach, Tom Herman, I think he’s going to pull through for us. We might be an underdog, I don’t know if we are or not, but they shouldn’t underestimate us.

“I think it’s going to be a really good game. Teams always play up to the standard of the other team. I think the levels of play are close enough to where it’ll be a close game. I don’t think it’s going to be much of a blowout. I’m going ‘Coogs all day, UH all day.’ I think UH is going to pull out the win and they’re going to start the season off on a good foot.”

Jamal Hicklen, corporate communication senior

“I think UH is going to come out with the victory. It’s going to be a close game though — I’m thinking 31-27.”

Skyler Gentry, hotel and restaurant management junior

“The Coogs are going to win obviously. I think it’s going come down to turnovers on the defensive side. Whoever (forces) the most turnovers, that’s who’s going to win. Otherwise, it’ll be a high-scoring game. It’s going to be OU whipping the thing, throwing (the ball).

“Then it’s going to be Greg Ward (Jr.) doing the same thing, slinging it left and right. It’s going to come down to whoever plays better on defense.”

Graduate counseling major Allie Glenn:

“I’d like to say (the Cougars have a chance to win). I think that if they fight hard then they have a chance, but I think they’ll put up a good fight. I don’t know if they’ll win though. I think that we’ll lose by a touchdown.”

Kickoff is set for 11 a.m. at NRG Stadium.