Week’s events features human trafficking lipstick drive

Monday

Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts Fellowship Artist Talk

6 to 10 p.m. at the Blaffer Art Museum

Project Row Houses hosts a discussion between Texas artists and fellows Carrie Schneider and Carol Zou. They’ll talk about their previous work and answer questions about the coming year.

Wednesday

SPB Presents: Francisco Ramos

6 to 8 p.m. at the Student Center South Theater

The Student Program Board hosts comedian and winner of the 2016 Lucille Ball Comedy Festival, Francisco Ramos.

Thursday

Dr. Gloria Sutton Lecture: “The Interrogative Imperative in Durational Media”

5 to 8 p.m. at the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design Theater

Northeastern University professor of contemporary art history and new media Gloria Sutton explores analog and the newer digital image media, and the contrasts between the two.

A reception will last from 5-6:30 p.m., and the lecture begins at 6:30 p.m.

Priceless”: Human Trafficking Movie Screening with Panel

6 to 9 p.m. at Agnes Arnold Auditorium 2

The Modern Abolitionist Coalition hosts a screening of “Priceless,” followed by a panel discussion on human trafficking in the United States and how the community can put an end to it.

The event will also double as a lipstick drive—bring a tube and it’ll be fitted with the hotline number and distributed to a victim in need.

The Mahogany Project

7 to 9 p.m. at the Graduate College of Social Work, Room 102

The LGBTQ Resource Center and the African American Studies department will present The Mahogany Project, an event where black queer individuals share their stories on a variety of social issues, focusing specifically on building on their community in Texas.

The event is free to attend, but organizers will be collecting donations for AIDS Foundation Houston.

Friday

Non-Profit and Governmental Career Fair

1 to 4 p.m. at the Student Center South Houston Room

University Career Services hosts a fair for all currently enrolled UH students and some alumni. At least 26 employers will be there, including the Peace Corps and the Houston Area Women’s Center.