Campus Crime Report

The following is a partial report of campus crime between July 8 and Thursday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in italics indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Burglary: 9:41 p.m., July 8, Engineering Complex – A visitor was arrested for burglary after he entered a UH building after hours and stole a student’s personal computer. The complainant recovered the computer at the time of the incident. The visitor was issued a criminal trespass warning and transported to Harris County Jail. Occurred between 9:35 and 9:40 p.m. July 8.

Burglary: 2:10 p.m., July 9, Outdoor basketball courts – A visitor reported that someone damaged and stole currency from the PowerAde machine located on Entrance 6 at Wheeler Avenue. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred between noon July 3 and 1:30 p.m. July 9.

Theft: 4:54 p.m., July 9, Athletics/Alumni Center – A student reported that someone stole his unattended and unsecured cap left after track practice. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred between 3:15 and 4 p.m. July 9.

Theft: 5:30 p.m., July 9, Moody Towers – A visitor reported the theft of a checkbook and money from an unattended and secured place of residence. There are no

suspects or witnesses. Occurred between 6 p.m. July 4 and 4:30 p.m. July 6.

Assault: 9:48 p.m., July 9, Cambridge Oaks Apartments – A student was involved in a physical disturbance with a visitor friend. The visitor departed the location prior to the police arrival. The student chose not to pursue criminal charges. Occurred between 9:20 and 9:35 p.m. July 9.

Theft: 10:29 p.m., July 9, Moody Towers – A visitor reported the theft of his electronic video game, accessories and a DVD movie from his unattended and secured place of residence. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred between 7:50 and 8:35 p.m. July 9.

Theft: 1 p.m., July 10, Cullen Oaks Apartments – The Cullen Oaks Apartments manager reported the possible theft of two computer processors from the Cullen Oaks computer room. An investigation is under way. Occurred sometime before July 10.

Theft: 2:10 p.m., July 12, Bayou Oaks Apartments – A student reported that someone removed her camera from her motor vehicle without her permission. There are no suspect or witnesses. Occurred between 6 p.m. July 10 and 4 p.m. Wednesday.

Suspicious person: 3:04 p.m., Thursday, University Center – A manager of the UH bookstore advised that a suspicious individual, who had stolen items from the bookstore in the past, entered the store. The individual left the bookstore before the arrival of officers. Occurred at 3 p.m. Thursday.

Criminal mischief: 4:13 p.m., Thursday, Bayou Oaks Apartments – A student reported that someone caused damages to his vehicle by scratching it while it was parked at Bayou Oaks. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred between 2:33 a.m. and 4:12 p.m. Thursday.

Theft: 5:46 p.m., Thursday, Athletics/Alumni Center – A student reported the theft of his unsecured and unattended wallet from the Athletics/Alumni Center’s football locker room. There are no suspects or witnesses.