For Rascal Flatts, life ‘Feels Good’

Rascal Flatts members Gary LeVox, Jay Demarcus and Joe Don Rooney are known for their well-blended harmonies, and the group continues to give their fans exactly what they want in the group’s new album Still Feels Good.

The title track lets people know that no matter how long you are with someone, it’s the little things in a relationship that still feel good. From a hug to a tiny brush, the closeness you feel never goes away.

Though it’s not the title, "Take Me There" is the first single of the album. By blending smooth harmonies and the steady beat of the drums, Rascal Flatts is able to bring another upbeat ballad to the table. While it has been climbing the charts, fans will be surprised to know that this single was not written solely by Rascal Flatts. Fellow country music artist Kenny Chesney had a hand in the writing process. Rumor has it that Chesney co-wrote the song, but felt it didn’t go with the feel of his newly released album Who I Am: Poets and Pirates. He generously handed it to Rascal Flatts.

"Winner at a Losing Game" and "Help Me Remember" deal with love, but show two different sides of it. "Help Me Remember" speaks about a love that is trying to be rekindled by bringing back all of the memories. "Winner at a Losing Game" goes a different route. In this song, they talk about love in general and how in life you sometimes have to leave love behind.

"Here" offers a different version of love: one that has been found. In this one of many ballads on their new album, Rascal Flatts uses their ability to unify their vocals to give this song its down-to-earth feel.

From a love ballad to a song of strength, "No Reins" offers women a sense of empowerment. The lyrics speak to women and let them know that a man is not needed in their life to make them feel complete.

The final song on the album, "It’s Not Supposed to Go Like That," shows how life can be short and is not always fair. During the song, the members of Rascal Flatts choke up at the end, and listeners can feel the passion in their voices.

Rascal Flatts’ new album has the same feel as previous releases, but it gives a different message altogether. This album’s message has to do with love, loss, fun and freedom. This album is about life, and Rascal Flatts shows us life from the beginning to the end.