Ruth Recommends: An art show that is sure to scare

For those who didn’t satisfy their craving for all things gory this Halloween season, Monster Show 2: Another Compendium of Awesome Monster Drawings is an art show that may strike your fancy.

The show, presented by Domy Books and Monsters for Monsters, will run until Nov 30, offering patrons a chance to see the imaginative, creepy and slightly gruesome works of local and national artists.

Featuring the works of more than 30 artists, the collection of monster-inspired pieces draw from a wide range of scary creatures.

From Michael Harwell’s zombie-fied drawings of Bart Simpson and Garfield to Seth Alverson’s sketch of slain amputees, David Wang’√Ñ√¥s silkscreen of a Sasquatch-esque creature holding a blood-dripping skull to the more vibrantly colored works of Lisa Marie Godfrey, the show gives a diverse account of equally chilling works.

Don’t miss your chance to revel in the sinister creations of national artists Tony Remple, Hannah Stouffer, Sebastian Forray and Matthew Thurber and check out first-hand what some Houston-based artists have to offer in this unique exhibition.

Local artists include Godfrey, Wang, Seth Alverson, William Boone, Rene Cruz, Harwell, Nick Meriwether, Eric Pierce, Patrick Phipps and YAR!

You won’t have to break open your piggy banks for this one, because the shows complete with plenty of spooks. The show is free of charge.

Regular viewing hours for Monster Show 2: Another Compendium of Awesome Monster Drawings begin at noon daily at Domy Books, 1709 Westheimer Road.

For more information, call (713) 523-3669 or visit www.domystore.com.