The original: Patriots prove they have what it takes against Colts

This weekend’s action in the NFL was so eventful that other sports were mostly overshadowed, making this a weekend to remember.

The most significant event was Sunday’s highly anticipated game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots.

The two perennial elites entered the match up as the NFL’s only remaining undefeated teams, the Colts at 7-0 and the Pats at 8-0.

Obviously, nobody expected the Patriots would roll through the defending Super Bowl champions as easily as other opponents this season.

The way quarterback Tom Brady rallied the Patriots from a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to a 24-20 win was simply impressive.

Brady has been compared to Joe Montana in the past, especially because he has won several titles just like the San Francisco 49ers’ great.

Brady certainly looked like The Comeback Kid on Sunday, throwing two of his three touchdowns within nearly four minutes of each other in the fourth quarter, which allowed the Patriots to creep up and steal the victory.

Brady’s second touchdown pass set a Patriots’ single-season record for touchdown passes with 32. He finished the game with 33.

Ultimately, it was Colts quarterback Peyton Manning who failed to rise to the occasion in this battle of the NFL’s two best quarterbacks after losing a fumble on the Colts’ final drive. That miscue effectively snuffed out Indianapolis’ comeback bid.

The Patriots have made it clear that they are hands-down the best team, cameras or no cameras.

They’ve won nine games in a row to open the season 12 regular-season games in a row dating back to last season. They’ve proven that they can not only run up the score against scrub teams but can also grind out close games against fellow top squads.

If New England can continue executing its suffocating defense and multifaceted offense, it’ll be hard to bet against them winning the remaining seven games on their schedule and achieving perfection.