The only venue worth the venture

It’s hard to distinguish between the surplus of generic bars and clubs that line Main Street. But those who want to enjoy nightlife at its finest shouldn’t confuse Venue for just any club. Thanks to its diverse options, the club stands out among the routine strip.

When one walks in the doors of Club Venue, 723 Main St.,†the room glows with†the red lights that shine above the couches and the bar. The tables have high seats and plenty of space between them for patrons to†not only sit and converse, but†to dance.†However, those who prefer the traditional dance floor can have one.

When I went on Friday, which is Latin Night, I heard songs playing from the speakers like in any club. But I was surprised around midnight: the projection screen on the stage rose to reveal a drum set, and a live band emerged and began playing a medley of songs in Spanish. The live†music made the experience at Venue even better, and the crowd knew all of the lyrics to the house band’s songs.††

Along with Latin Night, the club hosts Industry Tuesdays and Venue Saturdays, which feature†a diverse selection, such as Timbaland’s current hit, "The Way I Are," and the house band’s excellent cover of†Bon Jovi’s classic, "Wanted Dead or Alive."