Five Minutes of Fame: Sophomore promises new ‘Baywatch,’ believe it or not

Lihu’eacute; Rearte: Do you read the Five Minutes of Fame section?

Carolina Fassi, communication sophomore: Not very often. I don’t think the questions that are asked are interesting.

Rearte: But if you don’t read them often, how do you know they are not interesting?

Fassi: Because I’ve read a couple at the beginning of the semester, and all the questions were always the same. So I got tired of wasting my time reading questions that anyone can ask. I wish the journalism majors would ask more challenging and different questions. I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way.

Rearte: How would you make it better?

Fassi: I think a good idea would be to make interviews in different languages since we have plenty of foreign students.

Rearte: Why were you talking to yourself a while ago?

Fassi: Oh, (laughs) because I was practicing for one of my lines. Every weekend I fly to New York and do some shows there.

Rearte: What kind of shows? Are you an actress?

Fassi: Shows on Broadway. And yes, I’m an actress. But I’m flying to California during the summer to shoot a few scenes for Baywatch.

Rearte: Oh really? I didn’t know that show was coming back.

Fassi: Well, believe it or not a new season of Baywatch is coming. I might be the next Pamela Anderson, who knows.

Rearte: So, it’s a summer job? How do you manage to keep good grades in school while traveling so much?

Fassi: We’ll see how it goes. We are not sure how the audience is going to respond to a new episode of Baywatch with a new cast and all. And with Broadway I go back and forth during the weekends. It’s hard but I manage. I have a lot of support from family and friends. And if Baywatch ends up being a hit like it used to be I plan on transferring to UCLA.

Rearte: I guess you have it all planned out. What would you say to students regarding the new episodes of Baywatch?

Fassi: I encourage everyone to watch the new season of Baywatch since David Hasselhoff won’t be acting and since there’s no plastic surgery on this one, all natural stuff.