The Daily Cougar Blogosphere makes its debut

The Daily Cougar is launching six blogs today from our resident experts on sports, entertainment and more. Check it out at http://blogs.thedailycougar.com.

Silent Assassin Ronnie Turner may be the Silent Assassin, but he can and will talk you under the table on almost every sport. If you’re looking for a good conversation about sports, he’s your man.

Hit ‘n Run From Little League to the Major Leagues, it’s all things baseball with Hit n’ Run. Sports Editor Scott Gonzales has a full lineup of thoughts on America’s greatest pastime and is ready to take a swing at yours.

Nerd Word Take an insider’s look at nerd culture with self-appointed nerd guru Zach Moore. From science fiction and superheroes†to technology†and television, this blog will cover it all.

Couch Potato Grab your remote and a bowl of popcorn and get ready to tackle the world of game shows, "reality" and infomercials with veteran tube-watcher Christian Palmer. No drama is too sacred, no comedy too zany and no talk show host too rich and famous to escape unscathed.

Man Decree Now, some people who read these laws may disagree.Those guys are probably sissies. There will be no questioning Judge Dredd – take a long look at the manly, ultra-deadly mug shot.

Ruth Recommends Uncover the hidden gems of local music and art with Managing Editor Ruth Rodriguez. From the hottest rock and coolest jazz to the freshest art and trendiest shows, this blog is sure to keep you in touch with the latest in Houston’s thriving scene.