Five Minutes of Fame: Industrial design senior living the dream

Ruth Rodriguez: What kinds of things do you like do when you’re not at work or school?

Mason Bonar: Honestly, I like to sleep.

Rodriguez: Do you dream a lot?

Bonar: It depends on how tired I am. If I’m really tired I’ll have the craziest dreams, but if I’m not tired, for some reason, I’ll close my eyes and wake up the next day.

Rodriguez: What’s one of the craziest dreams you’ve ever had?

Bonar: I do more daydreaming than I do at night. The night dreams I can never remember. I really typically dream about the moment.

Rodriguez: What do you daydream about?

Bonar: Everyone daydreams about being a rock star or their favorite sports star. I actually dream about the opposite of those. I dream of not being known. What would it be like if nobody knew you? Not even your family or your loved ones.

Bonar: I think we all have the potential to be rock stars I just don’t know why we daydream about it so much. Instead of daydreaming people should just live it. We never daydream about what it would be like on the other hand. Our reality should be what we’re dreaming about.

Rodriguez: Are you living your dream?

Bonar: Yeah. Since I was in high school I’ve wanted to get into what I’m doing now. I don’t know anybody on this college campus that I can think of that would be in the major they don’t want to be in. There are people who become business majors and they hate it or people who become newspaper journalists and they hate it. I don’t know why. If you can’t see yourself doing it for the rest of your life or if it’s not what you do naturally when you’re at home or when no one’s watching then don’t do it. Picking a major doesn’t seem all that difficult, but we have those people that change their major three times.

Mauricio Lazo: That’s why I changed my major.

Rodriguez: What were you originally?

Lazo: A finance major.

Bonar: If you’re not passionate about something, then you’re not going to find success in it. What unpassionate person do we know who was successful in what they did?