Campus Crime Report

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Thursday through Monday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in italics indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Disorderly Conduct: 11:44 p.m., Thursday, Cullen Oaks Apartments – Two students were involved in an incident in which one student used vulgar language that was offensive to the other. The offending student was issued a Harris County citation for Disorderly Conduct and Student and Residential Life Referrals. Occurred Thursday between 11:30 p.m. and 11:43 p.m.

Harassment: 8:27 a.m., Friday, Farish Hall – A faculty member received a letter through the postal service which caused her concern for her safety. This was followed by another envelope containing a dead lizard. An investigation is underway. These incidents occurred Friday between 8:27 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.

Possession of Marijuana: 9:48 p.m., Saturday, Bayou Oaks Apartments – Three students were found in possession of a controlled substance in the parking lot at Bayou Oaks. All three students were issued Student Life Referrals. One student also received a citation for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Occurred Saturday at 9:48 p.m.

Disorderly Conduct: 1:15 a.m., Sunday, Bayou Oaks Apartments – A visitor was observed by a security officer urinating in front of Bayou Oaks Apartments. The visitor was issued a Harris County citation for disorderly conduct and released. Occurred between 1:12 a.m. and 1:14 a.m. on Sunday.

Criminal Mischief: 3:06 p.m., Monday, Houston Science Center – A staff member reported three exterior windows at the Houston Science Center were shattered by a possible pellet or BB gun. There are no suspects. Occurred between 5:30 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Monday.

Criminal Mischief: 7:45 a.m., Monday, Agnes Arnold Hall – A staff member reported that someone attempted to steal UH equipment, resulting in a broken audio and visual desk. An investigation is underway. Occurred between 3:45 p.m. Friday and 7:45 a.m. Monday.