Campus crime report

The following is a partial report of campus crime between July 17 and Tuesday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in italics indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Criminal Trespass: July 16, 11:58 p.m., Cullen Oaks Apartments – A visitor was observed and stopped by a UH Department of Public Safety security officer who recognized the visitor as an individual previously issued four criminal trespass warnings by UHDPS. The visitor was arrested and released to the custody of Harris County Jail. Occurred between 11:58 p.m. July 16 and 12:05 a.m. July 17.

Aggravated Assault: 10:10 a.m. Friday, Garrison Gymnasium – A visitor reported that a man threatened him with a knife and tried to steal his cell phone. The suspect was arrested and transported to Harris County Jail. Occurred between 9:50 and 10:10 a.m.

Theft: 12:34 p.m. Friday, Oberholtzer Hall – A grounds worker reported a weed eater was stolen from the back of the UH Cushman cart that was parked on the east side of Oberholtzer Hall. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred between 9 and 9:11 a.m.

Theft: Friday, 5 p.m., Science and Research 1 – A student reported he parked and locked his bicycle in front of Science ‘ Research 1 and when he returned to the bicycle rack he discovered someone had removed the bicycle without his permission. There are no suspects of witnesses. Occurred between 8 a.m. and 4:50 p.m.

Evading Arrest: Friday, Agnes Arnold Hall – A staff member reported there were two individuals at the Agnes Arnold Hall bike rack possibly attempting to steal a bicycle. When a UHDPS officer attempted to stop the individuals they fled on foot and one suspect was caught and arrested for fleeing on foot. The suspect was then transported and released to Harris County Jail. Occurred at 5:03 p.m.

Theft: 9:05 p.m. Sunday, Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall – A student advised that someone stole his unattended and secured bicycle from the PGH bike rack. There are no witnesses or suspects at this time. Occurred between 2 p.m., Saturday and 8:30 p.m. Sunday.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: 10:56 p.m. Monday, Lot 15D -A staff member reported that one month ago someone stole her UH parking permit from her unattended and unsecured vehicle. There are no suspects. Occurred between 10 a.m. June 1 and 3 a.m. June 2.