Sneed brings comedy to town

Comedian Josh Sneed will perform at 7 p.m. today at the University Center Houston Room.

Sneed is touring in support of his upcoming comedy release, Unacceptable. Unacceptable is Sneed’s first release on Comedy Central Records and was recorded from his live show in his hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio. The album will be available digitally Sept. 30 and can be downloaded from Web sites such as iTunes.

The record deal with Comedy Central was earned after Sneed finished second place in the annual "Stand-Up Showdown." Sneed also placed sixth out of 2,000 comedians in 2006’s "Sierra Mist/MySpace Stand-Up or Sit Down Challenge." The same year, Sneed shot his first Comedy Central Presents program, a 30-minute special showcasing his comedy.

The list of people Sneed has opened for reads like a who’s who in current comedy. Sneed has shared the stage with Dave Chappelle, Lewis Black, Dave Attell, Charlie Murphy, Greg Giraldo, Jim Norton and the late Mitch Hedberg. In addition to those big names, Sneed has also opened for another popular act among the college crowd, Dane Cook, and performed on "The Blue Collar Comedy Tour."

Touring the college circuit, Sneed has appeared at many universities, such as Virginia Tech and Texas A ‘ M. The college crowd may also like his T-shirt line, Look at Me Shirts. The shirts offer everything from the politically themed "McCain in the Membrane" and the "If ‘Ya Smell What Barack is Cookin’" designs to the witty "Your girlfriend slept in this shirt." Viral videos by Sneed are popular as well. The YouTube videos "The Cinnamon Challenge" and the hilarious "The Top 11 Guys You’ll Always Find Playing Pick-up Basketball" were both Web hits.

Tonight’s event will be free to all students.