BEST BETS

Editor’s pick

Books and Brasil: Check out Nondifference Personified: Work by Clark and Mark Flood. Clark will autograph copies of his new book, Clerk Fluid as well as exhibit paintings utilizing lace Saturday at Domy Books, 1709 Westheimer St.. Mark’s paintings created from spray paint and cardboard will be on display at Caf’eacute; Brasil, which is next door to Domy. For more information call (713) 523-3669.

Today

See Sounds: Admire the photographs of famous musicians from Willie Nelson and ZZ Top to classical performers from Igor Stravinsky to Pablo Casals in The Sounds I See: Photographs of Musicians, on view September 20, 2008- January 19, 2009 at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston at the Audrey Jones Beck Building, 5601 Main St.. Admission is $7 for adults. For more information visit www.mfah.org or call (713) 639-7300.

Rent: Rent is the story of a group of bohemians and their struggle to survive and pay rent in East Village, New York City in the form of a powerful rock opera. Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway is limited to four showings through Sept. 28 at two Houston area theaters: Houston Marq*E Stadium 22, Katy Freeway., (713) 263-7843, and Houston Greenway Plaza 24,?3839 Wesleyan St., (713) 871-8955. Call the theater for ticket information.

Friday

HAA Post-Ike: The Houston Arts Alliance will have a town hall meeting to discuss damage that occurred to the studios, offices and workspaces of arts organizations as well as individual artists due to Hurricane Ike. It will take place from 3 to 4:30 p.m. at United Way of Greater Houston, 50 Waugh Dr.. Registration begins at 2:30 p.m. Free admission. For more information call (713) 527-9330.

Steel the show: Steel Lounge Underground will feature DJs The ARE, Esteban Torres and DJ Nine. Mingle, dance and have a drink at the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston, 5216 Montrose Blvd. Free admission. For more information visit www.camh.org or call (713) 284-8250.

Saturday

Gospel at the village: Trader’s Village presents the 6th Annual Gospel Music Jubilee featuring over 15 performers all from Southeast Texas. The performance will take place at Cricket Wireless Concert Stage. Trader’s Village is located at 7979 N. Eldridge Rd. Admission is free, and parking is $3. For more information visit www.tradersvillage.com or call (281) 890-5500.

Sunday

Spellbound: Samskriti Society for Indian Performing Arts, in conjunction with the College of Fine Arts, University of Houston, presents Spellbound. A fusion dance in the odissi style, Spellbound will be performed at Cullen Performance Hall, University of Houston. Admission is $25-$100; tickets can be purchased online at www.tickets2events.com. For more information call (281) 265-2787.