Knife-wielding robber accosts woman

A robber threw a young woman’s wallet back after confronting her in a Bayou Oaks parking lot Sunday, UH police said.

The suspect approached the female student and asked her for money, but she told him that she had none on her in person. The suspect then pulled out a small knife and demanded to see her wallet.

She was unscathed, but the suspect is still at large.

The suspect is a black male 5 foot 8 inches or 5 foot 9 inches tall. He was last seen a navy blue or black long-sleeved hoodie and denim blue jeans.

When the suspect discovered there was no cash in the complainant’s wallet, he took her credit card.

The victim warned him it would expire in two days. With this information, the suspect abandoned the plastic card at the parking lot and fled the scene to escape in a vehicle parked on Calhoun Road.

The complainant could not give a description of the vehicle.

Campus security alerts reported that another suspect for a robbery in the Roy Cullen Building was arrested on Aug. 31. Police found similarities in the methods to robberies that occurred at the University of Houston Power Plant and at Wheeler and Scott streets. No connection has been established among those robberies and this incident.

Witnesses and informants should call campus police with any information at (713) 743-3333.

Students are advised to immediately report incidents to the police at (713) 743-3333 or to call 911.