JUDGE DREDD’s SUPER AWESOME C-USA POWER RANKINGS

Tulsa

(5-0, 2-0 C-USA)

The Golden Hurricane jumped to the top of the pack in this week’s power rankings after opening up an industrial sized Can O’ Whoopass on the formerly No. 1 Ranked Owls.

The Golden Hurricane remain the only undefeated team in C-USA. If they keep destroying opponents with an average margin of victory of 29 points-per-game, the Golden Hurricane might crack the AP Top 25 in a few weeks.

East Carolina

(3-2,1-1 C-USA)

The 3-2 Pirates have had an extra week to think about how easily Houston toyed with them in Greenville, NC. But since they didn’t actually play a game, Judge Dredd will not penalize them.

If ECU can get back to the form it was in to start the season and take Virginia on the road, it will definitely find itself near the top of the power rankings next week. Personally Judge Dredd would like to see the Pirates fall from grace and go on a huge losing streak. Then he can unleash his arsenal of Pee Dee the Purple-wearing-pirate jokes.

UH

(2-3, 1-0 C-USA)

The Cougars also had the pleasure of taking a bye week. So, their record remains as it did seven days ago at 2-3.

Yes, Judge Dredd knows it seems weird to have a team with a losing record inside the top three of his power rankings, but know this: if you ever question Judge Dredd’s methods again you will suffer the wrath of his laser eyes and feel the weight of his 300 lb gavel.

If that’s not reason enough, UH is 2-0 in Conference USA and knocked off ECU before its bye week.

Rice Owls

(3-3, 2-1 C-USA)

Oh how Rice disappointed Judge Dredd Saturday. It threw its No. 1 ranking in Judge Dredd’s face by getting the living daylights stomped out of it in a 63-28 loss to Tulsa.

Judge Dredd can be lenient, so he won’t eradicate the football team with his all-powerful laser eyes. He figured being dropped to No. 4 in the most important power rankings list in the history of the universe would be punishment enough.

UTEP

(2-3, 2-0 C-USA)

The Miners move up in the rankings after taking down Southern Miss and improving to 2-0 in Conference USA.

Marshall

(3-3, 2-0 C-USA)

The Thundering Herd are not doing too bad for themselves this season. They remain 2-0 in conference play, despite a 33-10 loss to Big East opponent Cincinnati Saturday.

UCF

(2-3, 1-1 C-USA)

The Golden Knights successfully took out C-USA bottom feeder Southern Methodist Saturday in a 31-17 victory. That itself is not much to boast about, but at least it’s better than an actual loss.

Memphis

(3-3, 1-2 C-USA)

Somehow the Tigers have pulled off three wins in a row. Wait. Looking at the teams they beat, it’s not actually that surprising. Nichols State, Arkansas State and UAB each suffered losses to Judge Dredd’s grandma’s bingo night posse in full contact football games a few weeks ago.

Southern Miss

(2-3, 0-2 C-USA)

Ha, the Golden Eagles fell from grace after a 40-37 loss to UTEP. They now sit at 0-2 in Conference USA.

Tulane

(2-3, 1-1 C-USA)

When you’re climbing up a ladder and feel something splatter – Tulane Green Wave. Tulane Green Wave.

UAB

(1-5, 0-2 C-USA)

The Blazers are quickly blazing a trail to the bottom of the Conference USA standings.

SMU

(1-5, 0-3 C-USA)

Twelve is the loneliest number. Southern Methodist has not shown Judge Dredd any reason to think North Shore High School could not run up the score on it.