Campus crime report

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Oct. 21 and Monday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in italics indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Harassment: 9:37 a.m., Oct. 21, Entrance 1 – A staff member reported that a women she knows harassed her while walking to the University Center from the Ezekiel W. Cullen Building. A Student Life Referral was issued. Occurred between 12:40 and 12:45 p.m. Oct. 21.

Theft: 10:45 a.m., Thursday, Lot 16 D -†A student reported losing her wallet in parking Lot 16D, and when the student came to the UH Department of Public Safety to claim the recovered wallet, she discovered that someone had stolen cash. There are no suspects. Occurred between 3 and 3:30 p.m. Thursday.

Theft: 3:58, Thursday, Moody Towers -†A student reported someone stole his unattended laptop from his dorm room in Moody Towers. Occurred between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Thursday.

Possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia: 9:24 p.m. Thursday, Lot 1A – Three students and one visitor were detained for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and issued Student Life Referrals and Harris County citations. The students were released. The visitor was issued a criminal trespass warning and released. Occurred between 9:15 and 9:24 p.m. Thursday.

Traffic offense: 1:05 p.m. Thursday, Lot 1A – A student reported someone struck and damaged her unattended vehicle while it was parked in Lot 1A or Lot 9C. The driver left no information at the scene. An investigation is under way. Occurred between 8:15 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Theft: 2:35 p.m., Friday, Moody Towers – A student reported someone entered his unsecured and unattended dorm room and stole personal property. There are no witnesses or suspects. Occurred between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday.

Burglary of a motor vehicle: 7:29 p.m., Friday, Lot 20C – A witness reported she saw a man breaking into several unattended vehicles in Lot 20C. The witness said that when the suspect saw her he sped away. The witness was able to provide UHPD with a license plate number. Occurred at 7:29 p.m. Friday.

Failure to stop and render aid: 5:39 p.m., Friday, Spur 5 at Elgin – A student was driving on a public road and collided with another vehicle. The driver of the striking vehicle fled the scene of the collision and was later located and arrested for the offence. The driver also had three active warrants for his arrest. Occurred at 5:39 p.m. Friday.

Burglary of a motor vehicle: 7:11 p.m., Saturday, Lot 15H – A visitor reported someone burglarized her vehicle while it was parked in Lot 15H. No suspects have been identified. Occurred between 6 p.m. Saturday and 3:30 p.m. Sunday.

Criminal mischief: 4:23 p.m. Sunday, Bayou Oaks Apartments – A student reported someone damaged his vehicle while it was parked in the Bayou Oaks parking lot. There are no witnesses or suspects and no video surveillance was captured. Occurred between 6 p.m. Saturday and 3:30 p.m. Sunday.

Theft: 2:37 a.m., Saturday, University Drive -†Two visitors were stopped for a traffic offense and later arrested for theft when they were found in possession of stolen property from multiple vehicle burglaries on the UH campus. The visitors were transported to Harris County jail and release into custody. Occurred between 10 a.m. Wednesday and 7:28 p.m. Friday.