Crime log for Feb. 25 – March 4

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Thursday and Wednesday, All information is selected from the files of the UH police department. The information in italics indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the even’ts location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Burglary of a coin operated Machine – A Canteen Vending Company employee reported that someone broke into a vending machine located in the commons area of Moores School of Music building. Someone stole bagged food items. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred between 4:30 p.m. Feb. 27 and 8 a.m. Tuesday.’

Possession of marijuana – Moody Towers staff smelled the odor of marijuana coming from a resident’s room. UH DPS officers arrested the student and transported him to Harris County Jail for possession of marijuana. The student also received Student and Residential Life Referrals. Occurred at 12:33 a.m. Tuesday ‘

Aggravated assault – A student and resident of Cullen Oaks Apartments had a physical altercation with her roommate. The student received a bite on the breast and a head injury. Occurred at 10:30 a.m. March 2.’

Assault causing bodily injury – Four students assaulted three other students at Cullen Oaks Apartments. Because of the assault, Houston Fire Department transported one student to hospital for treatment. An investigation is on going. The incident occurred between 3:28 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. March 1.’

Consumption of alcohol by a minor – A UH DPS officer found a student outside a Bayou Oaks townhouse under the influence of alcohol. The officer issued a Harris County citation for consumption of alcohol and released the student. Occurred at 2:46 a.m. Feb. 27.’

Possession of a controlled substance – A UH DPS security officer recovered a student’s wallet at M.D. Anderson Library and while taking inventory of the property he discovered a white powdery substance. The security officer turned the property over to UH DPS for an examination that revealed the substance as a controlled substance. Occurred between 5:25 p.m. and 5:29 p.m. Feb. 26. ‘

Possession of marijuana ‘- (RHE) ‘- Two visitors received campuswide criminal trespass warnings and one arrested for possession of marijuana when a UH DPS officer observed them inside and in control of a reportedly stolen vehicle in Lot 1A. Occurred between 6:05 p.m. and 6:59 p.m. Feb. 26.’

Assault/public intoxication – University Center ‘- A visitor received a Harris County citation for assault when he was arrested for public intoxication. A UH DPS officer transported the visitor and released him to Harris County Jail. The visitor also received a campus wide Criminal Trespass warning. Occurred at 8:56 p.m. Feb. 26.’

Criminal mischief – A UH DPS parking officer noticed a group of men loitering around a parked vehicle in Lot 1A. A short time later, the parking officer returned to the area and noticed the men driving through the lot in a white SUV. She checked the vehicle the men were loitering around and discovered flour poured over the vehicle. Occurred between 9:35 a.m. and 9:43 a.m. Feb. 25.