UH Energy Board to make impact

Thanks to the innovative minds of President Renu Khator and her colleagues, UH is now a part of the solution to saving energy and finding alternate sources of fuel. A number of well-known energy executives have joined Khator’s Energy Advisory Board.

The members include Exxon Mobil President Tim Cejka, Paradigm President John Gibson Jr., Greater Houston Partnership Chief Executive Officer John Hofmeister and ConocoPhillips Senior Vice President Ryan Lance.

The advisory board will meet quarterly to capitalize on the region’s and University’s strategic interests and strengths.

So far, the board appears to be an excellent idea. UH already has strong engineering, law, business, geosciences and technology and research fields, all striving for a common goal: energy innovation to power lives and preserve resources.

Now that we have an advisory board with world renowned business leaders, Khator can use her knowledge of UH energy and data from the team’s past research to form creative energy-saving ideas. She can also test them and pass those ideas along to the world.

Instead of big companies competing with each other, Khator has brought them together. This is what makes our Energy Advisory Board like no other.

This unified group will create something beneficial and amazing. Meanwhile, we have to wait until October 28 before we can find out the group’s next big plan.

The rest of the Energy Board includes CenterPoint Energy President David McClanahan, BP America Chairman Lamar McKay, Shell Oil Co. President Marvin Odum, DKRW Energy LLC partner David Ramm, Natural Resource Partners LP CEO Corbin Roberston Jr., and Dynegy Inc. CEO Bruce Williamson.

Tinisha Bonaby is a communication sophomore and may be reached at [email protected]