STAFF EDITORIAL: Show Cougar pride this weekend, but don’t go wild

Students who attend Saturday’s football game against Texas Tech need to be on their best behavior.

With bundles of excitement surrounding this nationally televised matchup, we have to show the nation that UH has great fans who know how to win or lose with class. Be kind to Texas Tech fans, because it would be a shame for the story of the game to be a fight between moronic fans.

Although UH is one of the few universities that sells beer at football games, fans should limit their drinking. This means before, during and after the game. Those who ignore this warning may make a mistake that could result in grave consequences.

The Daily Cougar would also like to remind fans that there will be 5,500 seats available for students who valid IDs. At 10 a.m. Saturday, 5,500 wristbands will be distributed, on a first-come-first served basis but those who receive them must be inside Robertson Stadium by 7:45 p.m. Anyone who attempts to enter after this time may not be admitted. People who leave the stadium after the game has begun will not be allowed to reenter.

Gate 10 will not open until 6:15 p.m., so anyone who obtains a wristband will have plenty of time to settle other affairs.

Students who can’t get into the stadium will be able to watch the game outside on a 9-by-16 foot LED screen, but alcohol will be prohibited in this area.

The most important reminders are to wear red and show respect to fellow UH fans. This is one of the most important Cougar football games since 1991, and we need to show everyone that we bleed Scarlet.

‘When we’re on offense (fans) can be pretty quiet,’ senior linebacker Matt Nicholson said. ‘But when we’re on defense, I’m talking loud and crazy. I want it to be the loudest Robertson (Stadium) has ever been.’