CRIME REPORT: Sept. 25-30

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Friday and Wednesday, All information is selected from the files of the UH police department. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at 713-743-0600.

Theft of a cell phone -‘ A student’s family member sent him a cell phone through the mail to the Moody Towers dormitory where the student lives. Undeliverable, Moody Towers mail staff could not find the phone to return it. An investigation is in progress. Occurred sometime Sept. 25.’

Theft of laptops -‘ Two students reported that someone stole their secured but unattended laptop computers from a classroom in the Fine Arts Building. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred between 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. Sept. 24.

Possession of prohibited weapon – A UH DPS officer arrested a student who had a weapon in a prohibited area. The student fled from police and tried to throw the weapon away. The student received a Student Life Referral and the officer released him to Harris County Jail.’ Occurred at 1:05 a.m. Sept. 25.

Public Intoxication – An outside agency police officer working the UH football game observed a student who was exceedingly intoxicated. The officer contacted UH DPS who met with the student and said the student posed a danger to himself and others. The UH DPS officer arrested the student and transported him to Harris County Jail. Occurred between 6:55 p.m. and 6:59 p.m. Saturday.

Assault at football game – A visitor reported that an individual assaulted him during a football game at Robertson Stadium after a verbal altercation. The suspect received a Class ‘C’ Harris County citation for Assault by Contact.’ Occurred between 10 p.m. and 10:22 p.m. Saturday.

Forcible Fondling – A student reported that a man touched her breast while she was sitting on the Calhoun Lofts side steps. An investigation is underway.’ Occurred at 12:30 a.m. Sunday.

Disorderly Conduct – A student, involved in a verbal altercation with a UH parking enforcement assistant, became belligerent, using profanity toward the parking staff member. A UH DPS police officer issued the student a citation for Disorderly Conduct.’ Occurred at 5:11 p.m. Monday.’

Hit and run – A student reported that someone backed into her vehicle and fled the scene without providing the proper information required by law. There are no suspects. Occurred at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Compiled by Jake Rathmell