TV

Vampires ready for third season

HBO likes to tease our large, fang-banger hearts, and with the premiere of the third season of True Blood creeping up on June 13, anticipation is steadily growing monstrous.

The countdown began with the release of the 12-week promo posters two weeks ago, which will be released once a week until the day of the premiere. HBO’s Web site has been showing 22-second “Waiting Sucks: In Production,” clips that will leave any fan hungry for more True Blood. The clips are also showcased after every Sunday night episode recap of season two currently playing on HBO.

And if all the promotional stunts are not enough to satisfy fans’ thirst, the latest installment of the clips features Jason Stackhouse getting his groove on in the woods with a fresh face. That begs the question, what is in store for the series this season?

MTV News revealed in a Dec. 16 article that there will be new love interests this season. Viewers desperately wanting Eric Northam (Alexander Skarsgard) and Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) to hook up after Sookie’s sexually charged dreams about the six-foot-five vampire in season two might have to wait a bit longer.

Those squealing in disappointment for the lack of Eric nude scenes this season are reassured by newcomer Natasha Alam, who plays Yvette, a dancer in Eric’s club Fangtasia.  Alam said in the article that Eric would be nude for most of the season.

“The two wind up in a controversial sexual relationship with one another,” the article said, “which leaves fans hoping for an Eric-Sookie coupling a bit in the lurch.”

However, after vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) was kidnapped in the second season finale after his emotional proposal to Sookie, Bill might be the one needing reassurance that Sookie is still in love with him.

Alan Ball, writer and director of the show, revealed on trueblood.net that on top of Sookie’s attraction to Eric, newcomer Joe Manganiello (One Tree Hill), who will play Alcide Herveaux, the first werewolf on the show, will woe Sookie in the midst of her search for Bill.

Ball also revealed that his plan for the werewolf’s is for them to look bigger and stronger. Hinting that they are mostly men who can transform into wolves, hopefully the werewolves will not be in any comparison with the werewolves that made up the Twilight Saga: New Moon and will offer more realism than the mythological component.

Ball also said that with the intense reaction towards Evan Rachel Wood’s character, the Vampire Queen of Louisana in season two, the Vampire King of Mississippi will make a few cameos in the show.

“He’s older,” Ball said. “He’s much more mature. He’s much more methodical and grounded. She’s kind of crazy. To me, she’s kind of like Paris Hilton/ Lindsay Lohan, where she has a very short attention span and she’s very, very egomaniacal and very self-obsessed and doesn’t really think about her actions whereas the vampire king is very much an adult. He has an agenda.”

Michael Ausiello from Entertainment Weekly says that Brit Morgan, from the short-lived drama The Middleman, will play Debbie Pelt, the psycho ex-girlfriend of Alcide. This might cause more controversy between the love triangle Sookie will get herself into. As far as we know it, waiting really does suck.